|What is Photoetry?|
This Month's Contest
This Week's Challenge
Happenings around dA
|For this month of January, let us focus the spotlight on the artists below.|
ChampagneRaise your crystal flûte
An Inspirational Scene"If you have much, give of your wealth; if you have little, give of your heart."
If you liked their work, kindly drop by their gallery for more amazing stuff.
|Submission guidelines and Gallery information|
Featured – This is where the outstanding ones go and only Admins can submit here. If your submission wins the weekly challenge, it goes here as well.
Photos – This is where you can submit your photos and photomanipulations. Digital art is not accepted as of the meantime. The single rule for this gallery is that the photo should inspire people to write.
Poems – This is where all sorts of poems go. And same with the Photos folder, submissions will be checked to ensure that the poem can serve as an inspiration for fellow artists.
Photoems – This is the highlight of our group and we will closely monitor this folder to make sure that only Photoems are accepted. It is also important to know that any submission that doesn't meet the copyright guidelines will be declined.
Weekly Challenge – To keep things interesting, we will be hosting a weekly challenge for all our members.
Below are the Submission Guidelines.
- 3 entries per week to the Photos folder.
- 3 entries per week to the Poems folder.
- 2 entries per day to the Photoems folder.
- 1 entry per week to the Weekly Challenge.
Here are the guidelines that we will all follow when Accepting/Declining your entries.
General Rules for Photos:
- Always keep in mind that "it should inspire people to write".
- It is important that the image is not too blurry or grainy.
- It should at least have a concept or a subtle message.
- Photos should meet some basic photography principles such as focusing and exposure.
- The use of the dA watermark must not affect the quality of the image.
- Nude photos are currently not accepted but is subject to discussion should a need arise.
Copyright Guidelines for Photoems:
- If it is a collaboration, it should mention in the comments that it is one.
- If a preview image was used, it should state in the comments that proper permissions were obtained as per discussed in this must-read article.
- If the member owns the photo used as a preview image, it should state in the comments that the photo is of their own. Same principle applies to purchased images.
- The usage of Thumbnails in the artist's comments in place of preview images is allowed.
Poems with Mature Content
- It should not be too explicit nor too vulgar.
For questions and comments, you can leave it here.
Dear Out-of-Focus EyesYour face is out-of-focus,Dear Out-of-Focus Eyes by =TwilightPoetess
and maybe you're crying
under the weight of your hair,
maybe you're blushing
beet red under there...
but I'll never know.
I could make up stories about you all night.
when you smile,
dimples crease your cheeks
and fireflies appear in your eyes,
but traffic will never stop dead for you.
I imagine you're one-of-a-kind
caught up in a sea of average.
when fingertips tickle your heels
and your heart
beats just the same as mine
beneath your skin.
You're a writer
or a singer
who hasn't been discovered.
You're a princess
whose bright crown
has yet to be uncovered.
Marbalized TimeshotsStop.Marbalized Timeshots by =TwilightPoetess
our fingers linked
on cold December afternoons,
your thumb hugging mine,
Crop out everything but us.
all the words we've ever heard,
none of them matter here.
with our hearts molding into one.
The shot is done.
name it after our sculpted hands.
The world demands
we move on and forget,
but this moment,
demands we let our marble-hands live.
|Check out these fellow members and see why they're part of this group.|